Women Development Department was established on April 4, 2012. The primary objective of department is protection of women’s right and to provide new opportunities to them. New jobs and internships are advertised on their official website as well as in leading newspapers.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can follow the procedure described below:
- Open the Official WDD Website Opportunities Section
- If you are looking for jobs then click on Jobs section
- Browse the available jobs
- Select any one
- Read the eligibility criteria
- Send application to the address mentioned on website
Below is the list of documents which are to be attached with application:
- Recent CV
- Domicile Certificate
- Academic Degrees
- Experience Letter
- Recent Photographs
Only domicile holders of Punjab are requested to apply for job. Applicants from provinces other than Punjab will not be considered. Send your application before the last date as mentioned in advertise.
Jobs offered at the department are of different natures, some of them are:
- Project Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Legal Expert
- Statistical Analyst/Economist
- Gender Specialist
Women Development Department also provides scholarships, these scholarships can be checked with in Opportunities section of official website.
Functions of Women Development Department (WDD):
Main functions of the department are as follows:
- To formulate policies for the development of women
- To transform government into an organization which promotes gender equality
- To provide technical support for gender mainstreaming
- To build better partnership with non-governmental and civil society organizations in order to deliver the rights of women
- To facilitate women’s access to legal and justice system with collaboration of law enforcement and other relevant agencies
For other details and information contact at:
Address: Directorate of Women Development, Punjab, Lahore 15-Birdwood, Road, Lahore.
Contact Number: 042-99205861, 042-99205864