Punjab Police was formed in 1861. The department is responsible for controlling and reducing law and order situation in the province of Punjab. At the moment around 180,000 employees are working for Punjab Police.
The Police department of Punjab advertises new jobs and vacancies in leading newspapers as well as on their website. These jobs can be checked on the official website but you cannot apply online as no such facility is available.
Eligibility criteria depends upon the type of post you are applying for. Details related to eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the advertise. As the job is in Police Department of Punjab therefore the applications are only invited from the domicile holders of Punjab.
How To Apply?
To apply successfully in the department you have to follow the steps below:
- Open the official website of Punjab Police
- Go to jobs section
- From there browse the available jobs
- Select any one you are willing to apply for
- Read the eligibility criteria
- Download Application Form
- Fill the application form with required details
- Attach copies of mentioned documents
- Send the applications on the provided address
Applications written by hand or incomplete applications will be rejected.
Documents listed below are mandatory to be attached with application form:
- Your recent passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Educational certificates/degrees
- Experience certificate
All the documents should be attested, applications without these documents will result in rejection.
Selection process in Punjab Police is different from other departments. All the received applications are reviewed by HR department. From these applications candidates are shortlisted on the basis of overall qualifications. Afterwards these shortlisted candidates are informed about interview or written test.
For other details related to job contact at:
Phone (Inspector General): 042 99210062 3
Fax: 042 99210064